Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Lone Valkyrie

Despite my full-fledgéd support of scientology, and the fact that Tom Cruise may or may not have been responsible for my first man-induced pants tent (during my first viewing of Top Gun through the bars of my crib), this post has absolutely nothing to do with Maverick or his movie about the botched assassination attempt on Hitler. Plus, the eyepatch wasn't even that sexy.

The Valkyrie I'm referring to is much more attractive.

Photo courtesy of Claiborne Swanson Frank

Currently residing in Portlandia, but hailing from the mountaintop hood we all know so well, Angwin, California, the Lone Valkyrie has just released her first LP on itunes. I've known her all my life and she was most likely babysitting me during that first viewing of Top Gun. She's a smooth operator on the microphone and plays the git-fiddle pretty darn well, too.

So stop getting all your music off of youtube and support a Napa Valley local. Here's a video of her and Jaime Jones, shot in Angwin by my sister.

Ladies and gentlemen, Lone Valkyrie:


For more Lone Valkyrie, and some Langhorne Slim, check out all of mamapratt's videos.

No comments:

Post a Comment